The Laboratory of Modeling Technological Processes
telephone: +(375 17) 284-21-09
LABORATORY IN BRIEF
The Laboratory of Modeling Technological Processes (LMTP) was established
The organizer and the first head of the LMTP is Prof., D.Sc. Victor
D.Tsvetkov. Since 1989 D.Sc. Vladimir.I.Makhnach is the head of the LMTP.
The main scientific directions of the LMTP are the theory of creation
of integrated CAD systems for technological processes design, tools for
their implementation in the fields of machine-building and instrument-building.
At present the Laboratory has 11 employees, including the next senior
scientific personnel: Prof.,
D.Sc. G.K.Goranskii, Prof., D.Sc. V.D.Tsvetkov and 5 researchers with
Ph.D. degree A.I.Petrovsky, G.A.Ivanov, O.L.Shved, A.G.Grivachevsky, A.I.Streltsov,
There are two Engineering departments under the Laboratory specializing
· CAD systems of technological processes (headed by Y.M.Bogolyubov);
· CAD systems of technological equipment (headed by A.G.Grivachevsky, Ph.D.).
According to the main scientific direction the areas of interest of
the LMTP are as follows:
· mathematical models of discrete technological processes of metal-processing;
· methods and tools for automated design of technological processes, expert
The successfully completed projects include the following:
The products of the LMTP activity were transferred to the following enterprises
in the last 3 years:
1. Software package for modeling the plastic shape changes.
2. Methodical and software tools for CAD of technological processes and
equipment of flexible automated production.
3. Integrated system for technological preparations of hummering-pressing
manufacture of bearings.
4. CAD of technological processes and presses for hummers, hot-press systems,
horizontal-forge machines, feed machines, etc.
5. Databank of substances and materials for technical expertise of objects
6. Methodical and invariant software tools for CAD of technological preparation
of mechanical work manufacture.
7. Methodical and software tools for CAD of technological processes in
welding and assembling manufacture.
8. Methodical and software packages for CAD of technological processes
and presses in cold-pressing manufacture.
and some other enterprises in Belarus, Russia, Czech, Bulgaria.
· Minsk Tractor Plant;
· Minsk Bearing Plant;
· Minsk Plant of Automated Lines;
· Belarusian Industrial Amalgamation on Radioelectronics, Minsk;
· TV plant "Horyzont", Minsk;
· "Radiopribor", Grodno;
· "Sputhik", Molodechno;
· "Calibr", Minsk;
· Chebarkul Metallurgic Plant, Russia;
· Kopeisk Machine-Building Plant, Russia
The LMTP employees take part in the international scientific and technological
workshops and exhibitions in the field of theoretical and applied problems
of CAD system creation held abroad (Russia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Estonia,
Bulgaria, Czech, Slovak, Germany, etc.) as well as in Belarus. The laboratory
has organised specialized conferences, workshops and exhibitions relevant
to creation and equipment of CAD systems in machine-building.
One D.Sc. thesis and two Ph.D. theses were written at the LMTP in the
last three years.
Training of CAD specialists for industry is organized by means of seminars,
training in the laboratory and lectures at the enterprises. Prof. V.D.Tsvetkov
educates the engineers together with the Chair of CAD Department of the
Belarusian State Polytechnic Academy.